Friday, January 10, 2014

Mini Ludum Dare 48- Death Plot- Design and About

Current Title Screen of the game

Yesterday, I posted the day zero development log of my Mini LD 48 game, Death Plot. Now I will explain the game.

I am using a more literal definition of conspiracy and façade. The game is a top down two dimensional shooter/bullet hell. It is a single player game where you control two characters at the same time, tying in conspiracy.
The graphics are OBVIOUSLY placeholder. Sebastian will work on them tomorrow.
One of the characters is controlled with WASD controls, the other with the arrow keys. You will fire bullets with the spacebar. It is intended that you use both hands on the keyboard, and control the characters single player. That adds a challenge. You could potentially do local multiplayer, but it is not designed that way.

The enemies come in two flavours: real and façade enemies. The real ones shoot bullets that one shot you. (It's a bullet hell after all.) The facades' shoot bullets that don't harm you, but they serve as visual clutter to make dodging more difficult.

I haven't completely decided on the visual style, but it will probably be ASCII or early sprite based.

Anyway, that's the general gist of the game. If all goes well, I will have a playable prototype tomorrow. My Day 1 Dev Blog is coming next.

You can follow my Ludum Dare blogs on: www.ictuateanomaly.blogspot.com or twitter.com/Kerinova_xeon

No comments:

Post a Comment